The past two weeks, I have been busy cooking new recipes left and right. After nearly 7 new dinner recipes, I finally found one worthy of earning a spot on my blog. Even my 22 month old daughter gobbled up this dinner. The peanut sauce is smooth with a tang from the rice wine vinegar that left me wanting to eat more!
You can save time by preparing extra chicken early in the week and shredding it for this meal or like I did, you can poach the chicken in boiling water for about 10 minutes and then shred. The best way to shred chicken and save a TON of time is to put the chicken breast into your stand mixer with the paddle attachment and turn on low speed. It literally took me only 50 seconds to shred 4 chicken breasts.
I always recommend using natural peanut butter to eliminate chemicals and additional sugar found in traditional peanut butter. You will know a natural peanut butter because the ingredients will be no more than peanuts and salt (no additional chemicals or additives). It’s worth the extra money to invest in Organic Tamari with the increase of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in our food these days…with soy being one of the most genetically modified foods. Picking an organic variety means you will be less likely to ingest pesticides and contaminates.
So, without further ado, here is Chicken Peanut Noodles!
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ + 1 tablespoon organic tamari soy sauce, divided
- 4 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ½ jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced (slice entire green onion including white part and separate)
- 2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
- 4 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook per package directions. Prior to draining pasta, reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Whisk together ⅓ cup peanut butter, 3 tablespoon vinegar, 3 tablespoon water, 3 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 tablespoon sesame oil. Once sauce is combined and smooth; add in carrots and jalapeño and coat with sauce. Set aside.
- Next, heat 2 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet and add white part of green onions, garlic and ginger. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the shredded chicken and cook until heated through. Add remaining soy sauce and mix to combine.
- Combine noodles and carrot/sauce mixture until mixed thoroughly. Add chicken mixture and toss. Add reserved pasta water as needed to moisten up the sauce. Top with remaining green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with Siracha or Sweet Chili Sauce.